The Journey North Competition
Terms & Conditions Apply
How to Win
Each entrant will go in the draw to win ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION & FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IN THE AVENUE RESTAURANT by submitting your answer through our 'Webform'
Prize includes: ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION AT HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON & FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IN THE AVENUE RESTAURANT
General Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. The Promoter is HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON of 29 CAMERON STREET, LAUNCESTON. 7250 TASMANIA Phone Number: 6311 1016.
2. The Promotion starts at 17:00 on 20, NOVEMBER 2019 (GMT +10) and ends at 12:00 on 11, DECEMBER 2019 (GMT +10) (the Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
3. Entry into the Promotion is granted only by submitting your answer through our 'Webform'.
4. Indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for non-receipt for any reason of an entry.
5. Entry is only open to residents of Australia or New Zealand who are 18 years and over. Employees of the Promoter or the Promoter's associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and their immediate family members are not eligible to win THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity or age) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion.
7. Each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledges that the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION. will be drawn at random, the winner will be announced on 11, JANUARY 2019 at 12:00 at 29 CAMERONS STREET. For THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION, the Promoter will draw 2 additional reserve entries (Reserve Entries) and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn as the winner.
9. THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION winner will be notified by the applicable social channel, email or phone number within 2 business days of the Draw Date. THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION winner's name will be published on the HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON FACEBOOK PAGE.
10. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to notify THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION winner. If a prize winner cannot be contacted by phone or email within 24 HOURS of the applicable draw, then the prize will be re-drawn. If THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION winner cannot be contacted by phone or email by 11, DECEMBER 2019 THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION will be awarded to the first Reserve Entry.
11. If you are THE JOURNEY NORTH COMPETITION winner, your prize is ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION AT HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON & FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IN THE AVENUE RESTAURANT.
12. The ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION AT HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON & FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IN THE AVENUE RESTAURANT
are valid from 11 DECEMBER 2019 to the 29, FEBRUARY 2020.
13. The total ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION AT HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON & FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IN THE AVENUE RESTAURANT value is up to $250.00 (AUD).
14. The ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION AT HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON & FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST IN THE AVENUE RESTAURANT cannot be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash.
15. PRIZE DETAILS are subject to availability. Without limiting any other terms of these Terms and Conditions, all elements of the Prize must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The Prize Winner understands and accepts that if they are unable to use during the period specified, the Prize will be awarded to the first Reserve Entrant.
16. The Prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value.
17. The Prize Winner and their guest(s) are responsible for all other costs related to the Prize, including meals, additional transfer costs, insurance (including excesses,) in-room charges and additional taxes. Costs for changes made by the Prize Winner (and their guest(s)) to the Prize after it has been booked must be paid by the Prize Winner and their guest(s) as applicable. The Prize Winner will be required to present a valid credit card when checking in to the accommodation.
18. The Terms and Conditions applying to the Prize Winner will also apply to their guest(s) as if a reference to the Prize Winner in these Terms and Conditions were to the guest(s) (unless indicated otherwise).
19. The Prize Winner and their guest(s) must take part in any publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. The Prize Winner and their guest(s) consent to the Promoter using their names and images in any promotional or advertising activity related to the Promotion without compensation.
20. If this Promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the Promotion or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any applicable law. The Promoter shall not be liable to any entrant or winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
21. These Terms and Conditions will be posted on HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON WEBSITE for the duration of the Promotion. Any cancellation or modification to the Promotion or the Promotion Terms and Conditions will be notified on the Promoter's HOTEL GRAND CHANCELLOR LAUNCESTON WEBSITE.
22. Without limiting the clause above, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage suffered in connection with this Promotion or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
23. The Promoter, its partners and providers take no responsibility for any costs or fees incurred as a result of entering and/or interacting through this Promotion.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from the Prize Winner winning the Prize. You should seek independent legal advice.
26. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Promotion using Facebook or Instagram, however, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. The entrant provides their contact information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. The entrant completely releases Facebook and Instagram from any liability.
27. These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand/ Australia.