James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Facebook Competition
Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Terms and Conditions
- How to win: Each entrant will go in the draw to win high tea for two by commenting on Whitby’s Restaurant and Bar Facebook post, “Who would you bring to enjoy the Easter high tea?”.
- Prize: High Tea for two adults with two glasses of bubbly
More information on the Prize is detailed below.
General Terms & Conditions of Entry
- The Promoter is James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor of 147 The Terrace, Wellington 6011. Phone Number: 04 499 9500 (NZ).
- The Promotion starts at 1.00pm on 25 March and ends at 8pm on 28 March (NZST) (the Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
- Entry into the Promotion is granted only by commenting on the Whitby’s Restaurant and Bar Facebook post, “Who would you bring to enjoy the Easter high tea”.
- Indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for non-receipt for any reason of an entry.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia or New Zealand who are 18 years and over. Employees of the Promoter or the Promoter's associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and their immediate family members are not eligible to win the buffet dinner for two.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity or age) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion.
- Each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledges that the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner of the ‘Win high tea for two’ will be randomly drawn on 29 March at 12.00pm at 147 The Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand. For the ‘Win high tea for two’, the Promoter will draw two additional reserve entries (Reserve Entries) and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn as the winner.
- The ‘Win high tea for two’ competition winner will be notified by the applicable social channel, email or phone number within two business days of the Draw Date. The ‘Win high tea for two’ winner's name will be published on Whitby’s restaurant and bar Facebook page.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to notify the ’Win high tea for two’ winner. If a prize winner cannot be contacted by phone or email within two of the applicable draw, then the prize will be re-drawn. If the ‘Win high tea for two’ winner cannot be contacted by phone or email by 31 March the ‘Win high tea for two’ will be awarded to the first Reserve Entry.
- If you are the ‘Win high tea for two’ winner, your prize is high tea for two adults with two glasses of bubbly and comprises of Easter high tea (available until 5 April) or classic high tea with two glasses of Willowglen sparkling wine at Whitby's Restaurant and Bar. The high tea is served from 11.00am, every day.
- The high tea for two adults is valid between 29 March 2021 and 30 September 2021.
- The total high tea for two value is up to $92 (NZD).
- The high tea for two cannot be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- High tea for two is subject to availability (Can not be used on Mother's Day). Without limiting any other terms of these Terms and Conditions, all elements of the Prize must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement.
- The Prize Winner understands and accepts that if they are unable to use during the period specified, the Prize will be awarded to the first Reserve Entrant.
- The Prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value.
- The Prize Winner and their guest(s) are responsible for all other costs related to the Prize, including alcohol/non-alcohol beverage, additional transfer costs, insurance (including excesses) and additional taxes. Costs for changes made by the Prize Winner (and their guest(s)) to the Prize after it has been booked must be paid by the Prize Winner and their guest(s) as applicable.
- The Terms and Conditions applying to the Prize Winner will also apply to their guest(s) as if the reference to the Prize Winner in these Terms and Conditions were to the guest(s) (unless indicated otherwise).
- The Prize Winner and their guest(s) must take part in any publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. The Prize Winner and their guest(s) consent to the Promoter using their names and images in any promotional or advertising activity related to the Promotion without compensation.
- If this Promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the Promotion or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any applicable law. The Promoter shall not be liable to any entrant or winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- These Terms and Conditions will be posted on Hotel Grand Chancellor Website for the duration of the Promotion. Any cancellation or modification to the Promotion or the Promotion Terms and Conditions will be notified on the Promoter's website, Hotel Grand Chancellor Website.
- Without limiting the clause above, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage suffered in connection with this Promotion or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- The Promoter, its partners and providers take no responsibility for any costs or fees incurred as a result of entering and/or interacting through this Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from the Prize Winner winning the Prize. You should seek independent legal advice.
- The Promoter collects entrants' personal information in order to conduct the Promotion. Entry is conditional on providing this information, By entering this Promotion, unless otherwise stated, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may:
a. use the entrant's personal information to conduct the Promotion in accordance with these Terms & Conditions; and
b. disclose the entrant's personal information to third parties (if applicable) for the purpose of conducting the Promotion.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Promotion using Facebook or Instagram, however, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. The entrant provides their contact information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. The entrant completely releases Facebook and Instagram from any liability.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us by email at email@example.com