Hotel Grand Chancellor properties throughout Australia and New Zealand recognise that our business has an impact on the environment. We are committed to ensuring that we measure and evaluate our current practices and adopt the best policies to minimise our carbon footprint wherever possible.
Examples of this practice include:
- Reduction in waste and energy
- Minimisation of water levels and water control
- Installation of energy efficient light bulbs
- Involvement of staff in environmental and sustainability practices
- Recycling programs including glass, plastics and paper
- Working with suppliers that practice environmental responsibility
- Disposing of chemicals and raw materials responsibly
The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor also provides continual support to the following charities:
- Department of Conservation (Matiu/Somes Island Volunteering)
- Kiwi Community Assistance
- Mary Potter Hospice
- The Hearing House (Loud Shirt Day)
- The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand
- Mangarara Eco Lodge & Station
Eco Room Service
We would like to invite you to help us in our sustainability endeavours by choosing an ‘Eco’ Room Service on any day during your stay.
This is a lightroom service that includes tidying your bed, replacing essential amenities and removing rubbish.
In return, we will leave a $10.00 dinner credit voucher in your room, for each day you choose an ‘Eco’ Room Service. You can use the credit towards spend on dinner dining at Whitby’s Restaurant*
*Valid for a buffet or à la carte dinner only. Not valid for beverage spend. Limit of one voucher to be redeemed per day. Not valid with any other offer.
If you wish to utilise the ‘Eco’ Room Service option and be rewarded with $10.00 dinner credit voucher per room, please hang the ‘Environmental’ card on your door.
If you do not wish us to enter your room, please hang the ‘Do Not Disturb’ card on your door.
How does an ‘Eco’ Room Service help?
- We can save approximately 35 litres of water by not cleaning your bathroom and not having your towels and linen changed.
- Reduction in the use of chemicals such as toilet cleaner, multipurpose cleaner and air freshener.
- Savings in power used to operate vacuum cleaners, lights and heating whilst servicing your room.
- We encourage you to recycle newspaper, bottles and any other recyclable materials. Please place these items next to your room rubbish bin.
We are a diverse team proud to welcome you to the
iconic James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor – your home away from home.
Our aim is to provide all our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience by providing friendly, professional service that is genuinely warm and tailored to your needs.
We acknowledge our operation impacts on the environment and we are committed to operating in a sustainable manner by minimising waste and efficiently using our resources.
Our team is actively engaged in community projects enhancing Wellington’s reputation as the coolest little capital in the world.
Please dial #8 for more information