Wellington City Shopping Experience
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor offers lift access to Lambton Quay (located at 294 Lambton Quay), Wellington's central shopping district.
There are so many places to explore from here including:
- Lambton Quay offers 1km of local and international favourites, from Trelise Cooper, Lululemon Athletica, David Jones, Cue and Country Road.
- The Old Bank Arcade sits where Lambton Quay meets Willis Street (a few minutes’ walk from the pedestrian access to the Hotel) and includes leading boutiques RUBY, Taylor and Workshop.
- Willis Street showcases Zambesi, Sophie Voon Bridal, Veronika Maine, plus leading outdoor stores Macpac and Kathmandu.
- From Willis Street turn down Bond Street to Victoria Street and you'll find Swonderful, Kilt, Augustine, Huffer, Good as Gold.
- Two streets over is Wakefield Street, featuring the likes of Karen Walker and The Service Depot.
- Next is Cuba Street, the cultural hub of Wellington and a shopping haven for both urban and high-end fashion (Area 51, twenty-seven names, Kate Sylvester to name a few).
- Hidden gems are located along the central city side streets and emerging laneways add vibrant energy to shoppers experience in the capital.