Wellington City Shopping Experience
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor offers lift access to Lambton Quay (located at 294 Lambton Quay), Wellington's central shopping district.
There are so many places to explore from here including:
- Lambton Quay offers 1km of local and international favourites, from Trelise Cooper, Lululemon Athletica, David Jones, Cue and Country Road.
- The Old Bank Arcade sits where Lambton Quay meets Willis Street (a few minutes’ walk from the pedestrian access to the Hotel), and includes leading boutiques RUBY, Taylor and Workshop.
- Willis Street showcases Zambesi, Sophie Voon Bridal, Veronika Maine, plus leading outdoor stores Macpac and Kathmandu.
- From Willis Street turn down Bond Street to Victoria Street and you'll find Swonderful, Kilt, Augustine, Huffer, Good as Gold.
- Two streets over is Wakefield Street, featuring the likes of Karen Walker and The Service Depot.
- Next is Cuba Street, the cultural hub of Wellington and a shopping haven for both urban and high-end fashion (Area 51, twenty-seven names, Kate Sylvester to name a few).
- Hidden gems are located along the central city side streets and emerging laneways add vibrant energy to shoppers experience in the capital.
Relax after a day of Shopping with High Tea at Whitby's or enjoy Tapas at Sojourn
Serving times: 11:30am - 3.30pm daily
High Tea at the James Cook is a Wellington tradition, perfect for unwinding after a day of shopping.
Relax and savour a fine selection of t-sips teas and premium coffee, paired with our delectable High Tea Menu.
- $34.00 per person (Includes bottomless tea and or an espresso coffee/hot chocolate)
- $17.00 per child (12 & under)
- Add a 150ml glass of Willowglen Brut NV | $8.00
- Add a 200ml Bottle of Henkell Troken Dry Sec | $14.00
- Add a 200ml Bottle of Drappier Carte d’Or Cuvee | $28.00
Special | Book 10 Adults for High Tea and pay only for only nine - the 10th person is free!
Reservations are required. Please call 04 498 9908 to make your booking today or book online.