Leisure & Fitness
For the fitness-minded traveller, finding time to exercise on the road isn’t always easy. With an onsite gym, spa and discounted yoga passes, the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Wellington makes it easy for guests to stay centered, relaxed and rejuvenated.
Absolute Bliss Beauty Therapy
Located on level 16, Absoulte Bliss is a luxury Wellington day spa. A range of indulgent treatments are available as well as your beauty essentials.
Open Tuesday - Saturday, 10am till late
Or call us on 04 499 0251
Opening times: 6.30am - 9.00pm
Situated on the 16th floor, the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor gym offers rowing machines, treadmills, stationary cycles, Swiss balls, yoga mats and free weights. Water and towels are provided.
Complimentary access to Les Mills Lambton Quay is also available for guests wishing to use more extensive facilities. Les Mills Lambton Quay is approximately a ten-minute walk from the hotel. Passes are available from reception during your stay.
Complimentary Guest Yoga
Feel relaxed, refreshed and revitalised with complimentary guest yoga at the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, instructed by Shirley McLeod from Yoga With Me. Shirley leads a growing and engaged community, focusing on yoga and wellness while balancing the demands of family, a professional career and life in general.
Guest yoga is scheduled approximately twice per month, in the morning. Please email if you have any questions. All levels & abilities welcome.
Shandon Golf Club
Shandon Golf Club extends an exclusive benefit to guests at the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor – a complimentary round of golf for two. Please see the hotel Concierge to arrange bookings.
To learn more, please visit the Shandon Golf Club website.
Services & Facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for all in-house Hotel Guests
- 24-hour room service, concierge and reception
- Covered car park with valet service available (charge applies from $30.00 per day) - vehicle height restriction of 2.2m
- All rooms have Wi-Fi, Sky TV, in-house movie system, iron and board, full mini-bar and tea/coffee making facilities
- Laundry services (charges apply)
- Shopping services - the Concierge team stocks an array of items for your convenience
- Transport & Tour Bookings - Contact Concierge for more information
- Secure bicycle storage
- Business & IT
- Situated in the lobby, there are two pre-paid operated computers available for use. Our staff are available to offer photocopying and facsimile assistance.