Guest Information for Visiting Wellington
Staying at the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
Check In and Out Information
- Check in is after 2pm
- Check out is before 11.00am
- Luggage storage is available with our friendly Concierge team
- Accepted Card Types: For guest convenience, we accept a range of leading cards for payment. As per industry standard, payments made by credit card and debit cards not present will incur a credit card surcharge at all Hotel Grand Chancellor properties. The specific rates for each card type at the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor range between 1.64%-3.35%. Please note, there is no additional charge if you wish to pay by eftpos or cash.
- Guest Account Holding Limit: $1000 (settlement required once the limit is reached).
- Check-in Bond: A credit-card imprint* is required at check-in or a cash bond per night is payable. If using a debit card (visa or otherwise), full accommodation charge is payable upon check-in, plus the bond.
- *Please note, the credit-card imprint is for $1, which is held against your account until your check out of the hotel. This will not show up as a transaction on your bank statement. This process is used to prove the credit card is valid and that the guest knows their credit card pin number.
- Covered valet car parking is available at a rate of $30.00 per day. There is a vehicle height restriction of 2.2m and availability is limited. For guests staying as part of group reservations, needs to be reserved through the group organiser.
- Public parking is also available via Wilsons Carpark however please note, this is a separate operation to the hotel. Charges can be viewed on their website.
- Limited on street parking is available on The Terrace. Paid parking applies Monday to Sunday, Monday-Thursday: 8am-6pm, Friday: 8am-8pm, Saturday-Sunday: 8am-6pm, Public holidays: No charge applies.
- For those with e-vehicles, there is an electric charging point located nearby (opposite Noel Leeming on Grey St).