Everything you need to know
Welcome to the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide. To make your stay as comfortable as possible, and to ensure the safety of others, please use the following as a guide for your stay.
- At no time during your isolation are you to leave your accommodation room.
- When opening your door, a mask must be worn at ALL times. For your convenience, a mask is located in your welcome pack.
- At no time are any items (including rubbish and use linen/toweling) allowed to leave your room. This includes parcels, paperwork, used crockery/cutlery/glassware, luggage etc.
- Room moves are not permitted during your stay.
- Within 2 hours of your arrival, or the following morning if arriving overnight, you will be contacted by a member of staff who will explain how the next 14 days will work. At this time, they will also confirm dietary requirements and your credit card details for any incidentals.
- Please note the hotel does not have information regarding your length of stay, exemptions etc. This is all to be communicated with SA Health.
- Staff have been instructed not to enter your rooms unless absolutely necessary. As such all communications will be done by knocking on your door, or via the phone.
- If a staff member is at your door, please do not be alarmed if they distance themselves from your. This is both for your and their wellbeing.
- Hotel Services can be contacted 24 hours a day by dialing 5.
- Health Services can be contacted between 9:30am and 6pm every day by dialing 3830.
- We have set up a closed Facebook group for all communications to you. Please search the group as per the information located on the bottom of this page or scan the QR code located in your room and at the bottom of your welcome letter.
- A mask and gloves have been provided for you. Please use these when opening your door or having any interaction with our staff.
- Any electrical items being brought into rooms must be brand new or have a current tag and test certification.
- Please note restrictions on alcohol consumption do apply in SA being 6 bottles of beer per day or 1 bottle of wine per day or 1 bottle of spirits every 3 days.
- Deliveries are more than welcome and once received by the hotel will be delivered to your room as soon as possible.
- Should you find it difficult to sleep, a set of ear plugs have also been provided.
- The television in your room offers free to air and limited Foxtel channels. The hotel is also offering a free movie system free of charge. Please not the hotel is not equipped for casting.
- Free Wi-fi is available to you for the length of your stay on multiple devices. To access please open the internet and follow the prompts.
- For advertised hotel screenings, please tune into Channel 47 (HGCTV).
- Clean crockery, cutlery and glassware are located in the cabinet under your television.
- Fresh milk, tea and coffee is provided free of charge and can be topped up by dialing 5.
- Food service will be provided daily being breakfast through to dinner with drinks provided (no alcohol). Due to the sheer volume of people self-isolating, a set menu will be provided and delivered to you for all meal periods (dietary requirements will be catered for) and will be placed in the Facebook group. For you and your safety, all meals will be packaged in a disposable nature. This will include:
- Breakfast between 8:30am and 9:30am (Morning tea will be included in this delivery)
- Lunch between 12:30pm and 1:30pm (Afternoon tea will be included in this delivery)
- Dinner between 6:30pm and 7:30pm
- These items will be placed outside your room. A staff member will knock advising you that the deliveries have arrived.
- Should you require any food or drinks (including alcohol for 18's and over) beyond this service, this can be accommodated by contacting Hotel Services by dialing 5. This service is available between 8am and 10pm daily.
- Microwaves (brand new still in box) are the only self-cooking appliance permitted in your room. Any other cooking appliances being delivered will be stored and given to you upon your departure.
Housekeeping, Linen and General Supplies
- A cleaning kit has been supplied to you and placed in your bathroom, as a housekeeping room service is not available during your stay.
- Unfortunately, clothes washing is not available during your stay. As such you have been supplied with washing powder and a clothes horse.
- Every Tuesday and Friday, the hotel will provide a full linen pack for you to change your room linen and toweling. This will be completed between 11am and 2pm. Please ensure your dirty linen and toweling items are placed in the bags provided and placed outside your door before 11am. This will be swapped with clean linen. Once the changeover has occurred, a staff member will knock on your door, (An emergency set is located in your wardrobe if required).
- Should you require any additional items such as amenities, tissues, toilet paper or consumables, please contact Hotel Services by dialing 5.
- Should you require any items not available at the hotel, please be advised that the service is possible with staff able to retrieve items for your provided it is within easy walking access. Please note a $5 per delivery charge will be added to your goods and placed on your account.
- Should you require any bare essentials not included in your room, again please contact hotel services for assistance. This service will only be available during shop trading hours and be limited in nature. Charges will apply and will be added to your account.
- Should you have any maintenance issues with your room, please contact hotel services by dialing 5.
- Should the maintenance team be required to enter your room we ask that social distancing be maintained of at least 1.5 metres. This means if a maintenance staff member is required to enter your room, you proceed to the bathroom and shut the door. Likewise, if this is a bathroom issue, please proceed to the window side of the room. Do not be alarmed that they will be wearing full personal protective equipment during this interaction and we expect you to do the same.
- On Sundays through to Fridays between 10am and 12noon, the hotel will be completing a rubbish removal service for you. Please note on Saturdays this commences at 9:30am and finishes at 11am. To ensure your rubbish is collected, please place your rubbish in the large black garbage bag located in your cleaning kit, tie up and place outside your door for collection. Please do not put waste outside your door that is not in a tied up black garbage bag as this is a health risk.
- Should you require an urgent pick up, please contact Hotel Services.
Not only is your physical health important but so is your mental health. As such should you require any assistance to such services please just let us know. I also highly recommend opening your window and curtains to allow for some fresh air and sun during daylight hours.
If you require any further information, please dial 5 on your room phone.
Search Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide QI's